Thank you for all your support in the 16 Days of Activism 2011 Campaign- From Peace in the Home to Peace in the World: Let's Challenge Militarism and End Violence Against Women!
The CWGL 16 Days Campaign Report 2011 reflects information collected through the 2011 16 Days Post-Campaign survey, posted events on our online Global Campaign Calendar, emails from participating individuals and organizations, and Google Alerts. Note: The analysis is based on documented evidence and does not reflect the entirety of events organized under the 16 Days Campaign.
Global Campaign Highlights
- During the 2011 Campaign, CWGL was directly in touch with approximately 500 organizations in 106 countries.
- To date, the Campaign has been in direct communication with 4,114 organizations in 172 countries in every region of the world
- The number of countries the Campaign has been in communication with increased by 10% just over the last year!
Types of Initiatives
- Organizations participated in campaign initiatives in focus areas and activities through:
- community mobilization
- information sharing & coalition building
- media & art
Thematic Priority Areas
- Approximately 400 initiatives focused on the Campaign theme.
- Thematic initiatives focused on 5 priority areas:
- political violence
- proliferation of small arms
- sexual violence during & post-conflict
- violence perpetuated by state agents
- women’s peace& human rights movements.